We know, there’s a lot of privacy news, guidance and documentation to keep up with every day. And we also know, you’re busy doing all the things required of the modern privacy professional. Sure, we distill the latest news and relevant content down in the Daily Dashboard and our weekly regional digest, but sometimes, even that’s too much. To help, we offer our top-five most-read stories of the week.
- The Privacy Advisor, “Common challenges for DPOs and how to handle them,” by Moneta Money Bank Data Protection Officer FrantiÅ¡ek Nonnemann, CIPP/E, and BNP Paribas Regional Data Protection Officer Zuzana DubskÃ¡, CIPP/E, CIPM, FIP
- The Privacy Advisor, “German DPAs push model for higher GDPR fines,” by Latham & Watkins Partner Tim Wybitul, CIPP/E
- Daily Dashboard, “Report finds organizations may spend $55B in initial CCPA compliance costs“
- IAPP Westin Research, “Consensus and Controversy in the Debate Over US Federal Data Privacy Legislation,” by IAPP Senior Westin Research Fellow MÃ¼ge Fazlioglu, CIPP/E, CIPP/US
- The Privacy Advisor, “FTC workshop aims to inform potential COPPA updates,” by IAPP Associate Editor Ryan Chiavetta, CIPP/US, and IAPP Staff Writer Joe Duball