Welcome to ClamAV 0.99.3’s beta2 release. In this release, we have included many code
submissions from the ClamAV community:
- Interfaces to the Prelude SIEM open source package for collecting ClamAV virus events.
- Visual Studio 2015 for building Microsoft Windows binaries.
- Support libmspack internal code or as a shared object library. The internal library is the default and contains additional integrity checks.
- Linking with openssl 1.1.0.
- Numerous code patches, typos, and compiler warning fixes.
Additionally, we have introduced important changes and new features in
ClamAV 0.99.3, including:
- Deprecating internal LLVM code support. The configure script has change to search the system for an installed instance of the LLVM development libraries, and to otherwise use the bytecode interpreter for ClamAV bytecode signatures. To use the LLVM Just-In-Time compiler for executing bytecode signatures, please ensure that the LLVM development package at version 3.6 or lower is installed. Using the deprecated LLVM code is possible with the command: ‘
./configure --with-system-llvm=no‘, but it no longer compiles on all platforms.
- Compute and check PE import table hash (a.k.a. “imphash”) signatures.
- Support file property collection and analysis for MHTML files.
- Raw scanning of PostScript files.
- Fix clamsubmit to use the new virus and false positive submission web interface.
- Optionally, flag files with the virus “Heuristic.Limits.Exceeded” when size limitations are exceeded.
- Improve decoders for PDF files.
The ClamAV community thanks the following individuals for their ClamAV 0.99.3
Sebastian Andrzej Siewior
Daniel J. Luke
We are releasing beta2 for further testing while we resolve our small list of known issues in the background as we are prepping for “General Availability”. If you have the ability to download and use beta2 on your network, please do. Thanks!